Welcome to Adams’ Apples
October 23, 2015
Monday is a “B” Day
Welcome to our Class Notes page! We will use this page to highlight activities and events in our classroom. I will continue to send home the hard copy of our more detailed weekly newsletter in your child’s folder each Friday.
See the bottom of this post for recent pictures from our day![/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]
Where We’ve Been . . .
** We had a busy week, from a trip to the orchard to adding up acorns to going on a Leaf Walk!!
Reading – Unit 3 – Finding Friends:
- Comprehension strategy – “Making Connections” – Big Alà think about your friends. Do any events in the story make you think
- Sequenced the events in a story, “The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything”
Writing – SWAG writing
- Began to compose a writing piece, describing our own special stuffed animal
- Created a web (graphic organizer) to organize our thoughts/ideas
Math – Counting with Friends:
- Rekenreks – a tool that helped us model a given number and show different ways to make a number
- Counted with one-to-one correspondence
- Read numerals 0-20 and began to read number words 0-20
- Counted on – began counting forward, starting with a certain number within a number sequence.
- Used acorns as math tools (counters) to show different ways to make a number. We even wrote addition sentences!!
Science – Leaf Walk
Where We’re Going . . .
~ We will wrap-up our unit on Fall and Pumpkins. We will explore real pumpkins – inside and out!
~ Review Letter sounds – Ss (/s/), Mm (/m/), Dd (/d/), Aa (/a/), Pp (/p/)
~ Reading – Making Connections and Reality v Fantasy
~ We will begin to learn our November Sight Words and we will continue to read and respond to PreDecodable Books that contain these words.
~ In Math, continue counting Unit – Counting with Friends – create different number combinations to represent given number.
~ We will continue our Science unit on Trees. We will identify coniferous and deciduous trees.
Rooty is our class tree!
We will follow Rooty through the seasons…observing, drawing and writing about this special tree.
We observed Rooty and noticed some changes beginning to occur…
Related Arts Rotation
- A Day – Art
- B Day – PE
- C Day – Wellness
- D Day – Spanish
- E Day – Technology
- F Day – Music
Thank you for remembering to please
- Label your child’s sweaters and sweatshirts
- Send a snack each day and to label your child’s snack
- Sign your child’s communication log each day
None[/vc_column_text][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner el_class=”” width=”1/1″][vc_column_text]
Peanut-Free Birthday Treats
- Pepperidge Farm Goldfish
- Juice popsicles
- Prepackaged Rice Krispie Treats
- Fruit Roll-Ups
- Pop Tarts (any flavor but peanut butter)
- Dannon Gogurt
- Original Chips Ahoy (blue package)
- Oreos (regular and Golden)
- Pretzel Boys soft pretzels
Thank you for bringing birthday treats only from this list.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner el_class=”” width=”1/1″][vc_single_image image=”4009″ alignment=”center” border_color=”grey” img_link_large=”” img_link_target=”_blank” img_size=”full” link=”http://www.volunteerspot.com”][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][vc_column_text]
We can never have too many volunteers – click on the link above to find out what times are available for you to come lend a hand in our classroom.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]
Great websites to use at home: