Click below to get more information on
Admissions at MOT Charter School:
MOT Charter School does NOT accept early admissions. Incoming Kindergarten students MUST BE age 5 on or before August 31st to be placed in the Lottery.
WE ARE MOVING TO DELAWARE, HOW DO I APPLY?
The State of Delaware REQUIRES applicants to be a resident of Delaware WHEN they apply. Therefore you MUST BE LIVING in the state by the second Wednesday of January in order to submit an online application and be included in our Lottery. If you have a Purchase Agreement or are Under Contract for Purchase/New Construction, you must make settlement and be residing in the home prior to the Open Enrollment close on the second Wednesday of January. Based on prior years, we anticipate only the High School campus having capacity to accept late applications.
WE ARE MOVING TO APPOQUINIMINK DISTRICT, HOW DO I RECEIVE PREFERENCE?
For families who are under contract for purchase/new construction or planning to move: Under state law families are NOT permitted to use a future address in your application. The purchase/settlement MUST be completed, and you must be living in the district to receive a preference. Offers of enrollment require a proof of residency, if an applicant cannot provide, the school may revoke the offer of enrollment.
For applicants who use their current Delaware address then move into the Appoquinimink District after the second Wednesday of January, which is the close of the state's Open Enrollment period, a copy of the proof of residency (a recent utility bill with service address such as water, electric, etc) can be brought to the office and the preference will be applied to your application.
WHAT IS THE DRESS CODE?
MOT Charter School has a dress code for all students:
- Pants, shorts, skirts are either navy or khaki color
- K-8 Academy: Polo shirts in navy, red, yellow or white
- High School: Polo shirts with logo in black, navy, red or white - which are ordered through one of our school uniform vendors.
WHAT ARE THE SCHOOL HOURS?
- K-8 Academy: 8:30am - 3:30pm
- High School: 7:25am - 2:25pm
DO YOU PROVIDE BUS TRANSPORTATION?
- Within Appoquinimink District buses pick-up at the local developments
- Outside of Appoquinimink District there are Hub stops - such as Bear Library, New Castle Farmers Market, Pencader, Fox Run and Peoples plazas. Parents are responsible for transporting their students to and from these hub locations to have their student use bus transportation. Bus stop times change each year, please visit the Parent/Family Resources sections of our website for current bus information.
IF I AM NOT OFFERED ENROLLMENT DO I REAPPLY NEXT YEAR?
Applications are only valid for one (1) school year. All applicants are required to submit an application each year (even if an application was submitted in the prior year) during the Open Enrollment Period. The waiting list does not carry over year after year.
For the 2017-2018 school year:
- SCHOOL: Independent, nonprofit, public charter school
- K-8 CAMPUS: Serves 700 students - 75 per grade, 25 per class
- HIGH SCHOOL CAMPUS: 750 students - 188 per grade, 30-32 per class
A high school should be chosen because it fits the student’s needs and interests, and it feels like home - not because the school is new, it has winning teams or a good reputation (since many do), or a friend goes there. The best way to discover what a high school is really all about is to “shadow.” Shadowing means that a prospective student spends a school day following a current high school student. MOT Charter High School offers shadow days to help you decide if our school is the the right fit for you.
For families who are unable to attend the October Open House event, tours will offer you a glimpse of what a child experiences at MOT Charter's K-8 Academy. Since tours are conducted during a school day, please note that they are for adults only. During the tour, parents/guardians will see class in session including our related arts programs including music, Spanish, art, among others. Information is also provided on class schedule, testing, differentiated learning, cafeteria program, after-school activities, and parental involvement requirements.
If you have read the MOT Charter School K-12 Admissions Policy and still have questions, please feel free to contact us.
We respectfully request that you wait until after March 1, 2018 to inquire on the status of your student's enrollment and/or wait list status as this information will not be available prior to that date.