According to independentsector.org the current value of volunteer time is $23.07 per hour. In 2014, the MOT community volunteered 7,407 hours to MOT Charter – a value of over $170,000!!
While the real impact of having those volunteers can’t be measured in dollars – the ability of our school community to focus on educational and development of our students is priceless.
Where your donation will mean the most
However, there are still needs which require donor support, including these priorities for the 2015-2016 school year:
- Replacement of the K-8 Academy HVAC system: our current heating & air conditioning units are now 13 years old and will not last another school year. Our Spring 2015 parent fundraising initiative raised one-fifth (1/5) of the total amount needed. An additional campaign is planned for this school year.
- Gymnasium for the High School: MOT Charter proudly opened a High School campus on Cedar Lane Road in August of 2015. Due to the disparity in governmental capital funding, we were not able to include a gymnasium in the first phase of construction. We pursue grant opportunities as available, but will need donors to get us the rest of the way!
Why your donation matters!
Similar to national-level challenges, the State of Delaware’s Education budget is tight. Statewide charter schools continue to lobby to reduce the current funding gap, where Charter schools receive approximately $3000 less per pupil than our district counterparts. Most of this is due to the capital funding piece.
Each and every gift allows MOT Charter to maintain existing, and develop new, academic and extra-curricular experiences which help our student’s become successful, community leaders. Donations allow our learning community to participate in national academic competitions, art workshops, and teach using current technology and innovative laboratories.
As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, your donation to MOT Charter School is tax deductible. Our students and staff thank you for your support!
Contributions to our Annual Fund are critical to ensuring that both our faculty and student body have all of the necessary resources to excel both in and out of the classroom. Donor gifts of cash, recurring pledges, and/or employer-sponsored matching gifts can be made either online or by contacting our Business Office at 302-376-5125.
Your online donation is secured by a 256-bit encrypted system.
Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
- Click the link to the left to go to our online payment page
- In Purpose of Payment field select ‘Donation’ from the drop down menu
- In the Student Name, Teacher, Club fields enter “N/A” or type in name of person who should be recognized for the donation (in honor or memory of)
NOTE: You will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on our system & payments are processed without storing your personal data.