At MOT Charter K-8 Academy, students come ready to learn and leave ready to lead. Our school provides a challenging curriculum in a safe and nurturing environment where all children learn and flourish. By utilizing diverse teaching strategies and exposing students to a wide variety of educational experiences, we ensure that each child participates in, understands, and enjoys learning.
At MOT Charter School …
- A strong school community enables every child to reach his or her academic potential.
- Character development and personal responsibility form the basis for learning.
- Students are empowered and expected to be accountable for their own learning.
- Parents are invited and expected to be actively engaged in their children’s education.
We invite you to visit us to learn more about MOT!
MOT Charter Basics
MOT Charter K-8 Academy is a single story, 75,000 square foot building situated on a beautiful 17+ acres on the west side of Middletown. In 2012, we completed a new addition that houses a 10,000 sq. ft. gymnasium, a library and 2 additional classrooms.
- 29 Regular Classrooms
- Library, Art Room, Music Room
- Middle School Science Lab
- Middle and Lower School Computer Labs
Gender Home District Ethnicity
|52% Boys||85% Appoquinimink||80% Caucasian|
|48% Girls||5% Christina||10% African American|
|5% Colonial||5% Asian|
|5% Other||5% Other|
Mid-August to early-June (180 school days)
8:25 am – 3:30 pm
15 buses serve the Middletown, Odessa & Townsend areas as well as hub stops at People’s Plaza and the Fox Run Shopping Center.
MOT Charter K-8 Academy serves 675 students
• 3 classes per grade
• 25 students per class
Stats & Facts:
• More than 300 of the 675 students participate in after school activities
• 95% of MOT Charter K-8 Academy students ride the bus to school
• 65% of the students have a sibling attending MOT Charter School
Where have MOT Charter 8th Graders chosen to go to high school?
– 1/3 Public District High School
– 1/3 Charter or Private School
– 1/3 Vo-tech School