Find everything needed to start – or keep track of – the school year, including:
Links: Forms • Spirit Wear • Summer Assignment & Supply List • K-8 Academy Calendar • Cafe Menu • Report Student Absence
Ways you can help: PTO Information • Volunteer Sign Up • Giving Campaign
Student Resources: Schoology for Students • IXL • Google Apps for Education • NBC Learn
MOT Charter School’s Handbook outlines the rules and expectations for appropriate conduct in our school. Topics covered include, but are not limited to: academic, attendance, dress code, bus safety, technology use, health & safety policies; and details the consequences for infractions. The handbook is required by state law and is intended to promote a positive learning environment and safe schools. We ask that all parents/guardians review this information with their student in order to promote understanding and compliance.
Doors open for students at 8:15 am. Students are marked late and must be signed in by a parent if they arrive after 8:25 am.
Last period ends at 3:25 pm. No student may be in the building or on the campus after hours unless they are being supervised in a school activity, club or sport. The K-8 building closes at 5:00 pm, all students must be picked up at this time.
2017-2018 K-8 Academy Bus Routes will be posted in mid-August
PLEASE NOTE: Links below will not work until new information is available August 2017.
In order to keep students focused on academics, MOT Charter requires the following dress code:
- Both long and short sleeve school polos are available for purchase from Rush Uniform, or can be purchased at any store in Navy, Red, Yellow or White. Pants must be Khaki or Navy.
- Long sleeve shirts (of any color) may not stick out from under short sleeves.
- Dress code includes the wearing of school fleeces, school sweaters and vests. The fleece outerwear is part of the uniform-compliant items you can purchase from Rush to allow students to have temperature control and still be compliant. Other outerwear, including spirit wear/team sweatshirts, denim jackets, etc. is not permitted. School fleeces must be worn appropriately, as a jacket and not in the front (like a snuggy).
- Only school dress code items are permissible during the school day. Spirit wear t-shirts/hoodies may only be worn at sports practices. Students may wear a school spirit t-shirt for PE class, but they may not be worn at other times in the building except on dress down days.
Order Forms for Rush Uniform Store purchases
If you prefer not to order online:
- Complete the Boys and/or Girls Uniform Order Form(s) and bring form with you to the Rush Uniform Store off Route 13 in New Castle, Delaware.
- Rush also offers dress code compliant outerwear and Spirit Wear
Rush Uniform Online Ordering
IMPORTANT: To ensure delivery of your order before each school year begins in mid-August, it is recommended you place your order with Rush Uniform BEFORE the end of May.
Schoology is a dynamic learning management solution (LMS) designed to give faculty and students the ability to teach, learn, communicate, collaborate, grade, annotate student work, and give feedback anytime, anywhere.and on any device.
Once you have received your log in information, follow the Initial Login Instructions to setup your account. If your log in information was misplaced, lost or stolen (:p), please contact your student’s teacher or the front office.
For parents, Schoology allows 24-7 access to view student registration, scheduling, attendance, assignment, and grade information; as well as a method to easily communicate with faculty.
For the 2016-2017 School Year, the Sports Participation fees are $55 per student, per sport. The fee is used to offset cost of: team jersey, transportation, equipment, officiating fees, and insurance.
If your student will be trying out for a middle school sport, they will need a current DIAA Physical. For further information on Sports, click HERE to visit the K-8 Academy Athletics page.
K-8 Academy Yearbook
Purchase your 2016-2107 Yearbook today. The cost for the K – 8th grade yearbook is $30 IF ordered by October 28, 2016. After October 28th, the cost will increase to $40 per yearbook.
You can order online or complete the Yearbook Order Form & return to your child's teacher.
Please contact our Yearbook Advisor, Jessica Priester, with any questions Jessica.email@example.com.
Submit your pictures
The Yearbook Staff invites students and parents to submit photos for the yearbook. If you’ve got great photos of school and community events or you and your friends just having fun, we’d like to see them. Help us get as many photos as possible to create a terrific book everyone will want to have.
Click on the "Replay It" link below to upload your pictures today (password: Mustangs)
NOTE: The Yearbook Staff will review all photos and determine final yearbook content. We cannot guarantee that all submissions will be used in the book.