Mrs. Cabatingan’s Third Grade!
November 2nd – 6th
Monday is a “B” Day
Welcome to Third Grade! This website will be updated regularly to inform parents, families, and students of upcoming units, assignments and other classroom information. Please always be sure to check the agenda book daily as well. I look forward to working with you this year![/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]Upcoming Dates/Announcements
-HELP WANTED: If you have any snacks, gently used toys, etc. that you could donate to our Classroom Store, we would appreciate your help! This store helps to keep our classroom management strategy of Mustang Money in circulation to eventually lead to Market Day. Most of these items the teachers purchase so any donations are greatly appreciated 🙂
-NWEA testing will be done on 9/24 & 10/1. These tests will provide teachers and administration with the data needed to guide future instruction and content. Please have a conversation with your child at home about the importance of doing his/her best on these tests and perservering through the difficult questions. We appreciate your support!
– Science Birthstone Project is due October 1st
Our guiding theme throughout this school year will be ‘Systems’. Systems are organized structures that consist of interrelated and interdependent parts. Some systems that we will explore include cultures, mathematics, communities, the earth and its materials, etc.
- Spelling lists are given out each Friday in which students are to choose their homework activities from the provided menu of assignments to total ’20 points’. Homework is due on Fridays, quizzes are given on Fridays, and new word lists are sent home on Fridays.
- Students are also expected to read at least 100 minutes each week. Reading contracts will be handed out each Friday and due the following Friday. The back of the contract will focus on the comprehension skills taught that week and will be expected to be completed, as well.
- We are currently working on making connections and making inferences while reading The City of Ember and independent books.
- Our first unit is on ‘Numbers and Operations in Base Ten’. This includes the skills of rounding, fluent addition and subtraction within 1000, properties of operations, relationships between addition and subtraction, and collecting, representing, and interpreting data. Each week students will be responsible for completing at least 30 minutes of IXL on specified skills. The specified skills do not need to be mastered within that time period. It is an opportunity to practice these concepts. If these skills have been previously mastered, students may choose other skills on or above grade level.
- Students will develop an understanding of communities and the different aspects that make up an effective community. In addition, we will compare our community to communities throughout the world and identify their relationships (chapters 1-3 in the text).
- We are finishing up our unit on Rocks and Minerals. Students really enjoyed these investigations! Information regarding a Rocks and Minerals field trip will be sent home soon!
Weekly Assignments :
Reading Contract and IXl Contract due the following Friday
Spelling: 20 points are due on Friday, Spelling tests on Friday
Daily: Please check agenda books each night for daily homework assignments and any notes regarding work habits or classroom behavior.
Our Daily Schedule:
8:25 – 10:30 Language Arts/Math Block
10:30 – 11:25 Related Arts
11:25 – 12:40 Language Arts/Math Block
12:40 – 1:10 Recess
1:10 – 1:40 Lunch
1:40 – 2:10 D.E.A.R.
2:10 – 3:15 Social Studies/Science
3:15 – 3:25 Pack-up and dismissal[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_btn title=”VIEW GRADE ON HOME ACCESS” style=”modern” shape=”rounded” color=”primary” size=”md” align=”center” i_align=”left” i_type=”fontawesome” i_icon_fontawesome=”fa fa-adjust” i_icon_openiconic=”vc-oi vc-oi-dial” i_icon_typicons=”typcn typcn-adjust-brightness” i_icon_entypo=”entypo-icon entypo-icon-note” i_icon_linecons=”vc_li vc_li-heart” link=”url:https%3A%2F%2Fhac.doe.k12.de.us%2FHomeAccess%2FAccount%2FLogOn%3FReturnUrl%3D%252fhomeaccess%252f|title:HOME%20ACCESS|target:%20_blank” button_block=”” add_icon=”” i_icon_pixelicons=”vc_pixel_icon vc_pixel_icon-alert”][vc_column_text]
Related Arts Rotation
- A Physical Education
- B Music
- C Art
- D Technology
- E Wellness
- F Spanish
None[/vc_column_text][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner el_class=”” width=”1/1″][vc_column_text]
Peanut-Free Birthday Treats
- Pepperidge Farm Goldfish
- Juice popsicles
- Prepackaged Rice Krispie Treats
- Fruit Roll-Ups
- Pop Tarts (any flavor but peanut butter)
- Dannon Gogurt
- Original Chips Ahoy (blue package)
- Oreos (regular and Golden)
- Pretzel Boys soft pretzels
Thank you for bringing birthday treats only from this list.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner el_class=”” width=”1/1″][vc_single_image image=”4009″ alignment=”center” border_color=”grey” img_link_large=”” img_link_target=”_blank” img_size=”full” link=”http://vols.pt/v4wyED”][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][vc_column_text]
We can never have too many volunteers – click on the link above to find out what times are available for you to come lend a hand in our classroom.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]